On Farm Energy Grants and Rebate – Agriculture Victoria
All grants below are provided on a “dollar for dollar” cash co-contribution basis.
Fast Track Rebate:
- Up to $20,000 with matched funding for farm businesses that have received a a Type 1 or Type 2 energy assessment through Agriculture Victoria
On-Farm Energy Tier 1 Grants:
- Up to $50,000 per grant for on-farm energy tier 1 grants. Is relevant for organisations undertaking equipment upgrades
On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grants
- Up to $50,000-$250,000 per grant for projects seeking equipment or process improvements in a connected way across farming systems
To learn more about the grants and to apply, follow the below link:
STC Financial Incentives for Off Grid Solar, Solar Pumps and Grid Connected Solar Systems
Under the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, eligible small-scale renewable energy systems are entitled to a number of small-scale technology certificates.
The number of certificates that can be created per system is based on its geographical location, installation date, and the amount of electricity in megawatt hours (MWh) that is: generated by the small-scale solar panel, wind or hydro system over one or five years, or a single maximum deeming period, or displaced by the solar water heater or heat pump over the course of its lifetime of up to 10 years.
As a guide, one certificate is equal to one megawatt hour of eligible renewable electricity either generated or displaced by the system. You can calculate the number of certificates a system may be eligible for using the small generation unit STC calculator and solar water heater STC calculator. The Renewable Energy Target is supported by an online registry system, called the REC Registry, which facilitates the creation, validation, auditing and transfer of certificates. Once created and validated, these certificates act as a form of currency and can be sold to recoup a portion of the cost of purchasing and installing the system, or transferred to other individuals and businesses at a negotiated price.
Commodore is happy to assist with determining the value of the STC’s and finding a Clean Energy Council Accredited Installer who can ensure you can access the STC’s
Solar Victoria Rebate
Victorian households are eligible to receive a $1400 rebate and $1400 interest free loan for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- They are the owner-occupier of the property
- The owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- They have not already received a rebate as an owner-occupier under the Solar Homes Program
- It is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- That the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- They do not have an existing solar PV system
Typical households can save up to $890 per year on their electricity bills when they install solar panels which further validates the investment.
There are many more solar grants available hence make sure to call Commodore for more information