The Professional Series of Westinghouse generators offer users the highest levels of safety and portability in compliance with Australian WH&S regulations. An RCD safety switch and weatherproof outlet(s) protect against electric shock. Lifting handles and all-terrain wheels provide enhanced mobility.
The difference between 8500E Pro generator and the non Pro:
– Has wheels for easy transport
– Has an RCD (residual current display) which is protection if the power is interrupted such as damaging a cable whilst using the generator instead of being electrocuted it will trip the RCD. The Pro is great for those using power tools, camping, around the house etc. It is not well suited to connecting to a house as a backup generator as regular house switchboards already have a built in RCD which means they will interfere with one another.
Non Pro– doesn’t have an RCD, this is an advantage when using as a backup generator connecting to a switchboard of your house, an RCD is great for safety when powering items directly but can cause problems when using as a back up generator.
- Maximum Power: 8,500 Watts (8.5KW)
- Continuous Output Power: 6750 Watts (6.7KW)
- Engine: 420 cc, 4-Stroke, Petrol
- Starter: Key-less Electric & Rope Pull
- 240 Volt Outlets: 2 15 Amps, IP44
- 12 Volt Outlet: 8.3 Amps, 100 Watts
- Overload Protection: Yes
- RCD Safety Switch: No
- 12Volt electric Battery supplied: Yes
- Fuel tank: 25 litres
- 13.1 @ 50% output
- Noise Level 80dB(A) @ 7m
Full range Westinghouse Generators in stock, national warranty