This off grid system is perfect for low power dwellings like weekenders, tiny houses, smaller houseboats & remote sheds where you are looking for a premium Lithium battery solution. Also powered by super reliable Victron gear when you couple that with the incredible Powerplus batteries rated to 10,000 cycles @ an 80% discharge that’s over 20 years you’ll get out of your batteries. The beauty about lithium batteries is that you can grow your battery bank as your budget or needs require it. Size your own kit according to your needs and of course we are here to help if you require assistance working out exactly what will suit your requirements.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own house and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. You will not get a better price on an off grid system full stop. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia we offer you the best price the first time.
Powerplus batteries (Australian Made Lithium)
Australian designed and engineered, the Powerplus Lithium batteries are very impressive in all aspects featuring a 10,000 cycle life rating, a much smaller footprint and excellent low temperature performance. A battery bank can now fit in almost one third the footprint of previous off grid lithium options, with aesthetics a world forward from a lead-acid type battery bank.
Powerplus batteries have been used in industrial applications for a long time with a strong mining alliance, they have a fantastic in-field record for reliability and performance in harsh environments. Powerplus are also used in the Australian services.
Main benefits of the PowerPlus Energy Batteries:
- Australia made, designed and engineered
- No Control/Communication cables required
- 96-98% Charge efficiency
- 10,000 Cycles rated in off grid solar
- Flexible installation options( almost unlimited batteries can be added in parallel at ANY time in the lifespan of the system)
- 1/3 of the weight and size of lead acid batteries
- 24 and 48V units available
- 100% Depth of Discharge
- 10 Year warranty
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the Powerplus Batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership. The 10,000 cycle based warranty (24,000kWh per battery module in 10 years) dictates a max of around 13.5 cents per kWh, and typical real word usage scenarios can far exceed the guaranteed minimums.
Peace of mind is a very important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware has time proven reliability & is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The Powerplus Lithium batteries system features an outstanding 10 year or 10,000 cycle warranty! They are constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology for solar off grid power systems ? Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePO4 or LFP).
- Victron MultiPlus II either 3kVa or 5kVA Inverter Charger 48V
- Australian Powerplus lithium Batteries 3.3kWh 48V module
- Either 6, 9 or 12 x 330w A grade 24V Solar PV Panels.
- Optional battery cabinet is an optional extra at $890
- Optional Victron Colour Control advanced system monitor, gives full history and allows for remote access and control of your system $790
- If no colour control is selected the system will be supplied with the basic monitoring such as MPPT screen and BMV battery monitor
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar?charge controller to suit selected solar array
- Victron MPPT Control unit (to view/ control solar charging state)
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways
- Over 100kWh battery storage ? using 3kWh modules & cabinets as required (add an extra 3kWh battery from $3250 inc gst.
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 18kVA rated output power ? set single phase or 3 phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required.
Create a Grid-Hybrid?system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels?& battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
** color control GX system required to do this- add $790 inc gst
Solar array ? depending on location, the annual daily?average in Australia is?4 to 5 hours equivalent of?full?power from the?array per day (where a 1kW array would give between 4 ? 5kWh per day?if demanded) with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array?design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which?maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power. Average daily input figures:
6x 270w = 7.3kWh | 9x 270w = 10.94kWh | 12x 270w = 14.6kWh per day
- All Victron components have a?5 year full warranty
- Powerplus Lithium batteries have a 10 year or 10,000 Cycle warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
For details on our battery warranties please click here.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods?back and our factory trained staff will carry out repairs for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.