The True Blue off grid solar system is perfect for the Aussie off grid house. Powered with super reliable Victron energy components, in conjunction with a premium Australian Powerplus Lithium battery bank for storage, this system offers exceptional value, backed by the highest quality components that are tried and tested in our local conditions.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid, what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have complete confidence in its reliability and performance. We would only sell what we would install in our own house (a lot of the staff here live off grid) and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia, we offer you the right system, at the best price the first time.
Powerplus Life series are Australian made 3.3kWh LFP ( Lithium Ferro Phosphate ) Battery modules, available in 24V and 48V, compatible with any 48V or 24V Inverter Charger. With their 10,000 CYCLE rating and 10 YEAR warranty these batteries are ideal for Off Grid and Hybrid Systems where a reliable, cost effective and long lasting battery solution is required. These batteries have their own inbuilt Battery Management System ( BMS), which does NOT require a communication connection with the inverter, this allows the batteries to be used with any 24V or 48V inverter ( unlike many other Lithium batteries which will only work with a small range of select inverters).
Main benefits of the PowerPlus Energy Batteries:
- Australia made, designed and engineered
- No Control/Communication cables required
- 96-98% Charge efficiency
- 10,000 Cycles rated in off grid solar
- Flexible installation options( almost unlimited batteries can be added in parallel at ANY time in the lifespan of the system)
- 1/3 of the weight and size of lead acid batteries
- 24 and 48V units available
- 100% Depth of Discharge
- 10 Year warranty
- Victron Quattro 8kVA Inverter Charger
- 9.9kWh Australian Powerplus Life Series 48v Lithium Battery Bank (3x 3.3kWh battery modules)
- Battery Cabinet to suit
- Victron MPPT SmartSolar charge controller to suit
- Victron Colour Control GX System Monitor with Online Access
- 6.6kW Solar Array – 24x 275w Poly A Grade panels
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options available)
- Cables, fuses, isolators, etc to suit the system
- 20m cable runs to the solar array and 2m cable distance to the battery bank as standard
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Connection guides
- Pre-wired and configured system board – see photos (this makes a much faster and simpler install on-site)
- Finance available
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Colour Control GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Colour Control GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If required, the grid can help power loads through the inverter automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. If your batteries are full, and there is more solar power than your loads need, the extra power can be exported back to the grid for feed-in tariffs.
Solar array performance varies with location, the annual daily average in Australia is between 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day, with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power.
Average daily input figures for the 6.6kW solar array:
Typical worst month ~ 21kWh per day | Typical best month ~ 43kWh per day
** If you wish to make a grid connected solar power system with or without grid feeding / export of solar power, we can change to the new Victron MultiPlus-II inverter chargers which are designed for this purpose. The MultiPlus or Quattro inverter chargers available on this listing are not suitable for mains connection of grid feeding / export of solar power. Please contact us if you wish to change the system in any way, we are happy to design systems according to customer requirements.
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- Powerplus Life series lithium batteries have a 10 year to 80% capacity retention and 7.9MWh throughput per module warranty
- Solar Panels feature a 25 year output warranty to 80 percent rated power
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty.
For more information see manufactures warranty, found on each brand website.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will carry out repairs for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.