The Getaway off grid system is designed for those that are looking to for a system for a house whether living full time or a weekender where you can expand onto later on if you would like to. The 5kVA Victron inverter is a great size as it will run all of your every day appliances (not all at once) like your fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, dishwasher, washing machine you can even run a small to medium air conditioner off it meaning you can live comfortably. Pylontech lithium batteries offer flexibility because you can add more battery modules into the system at a later date. Adding more Solar panels at a later date is easy to do as well.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid, what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, and that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own houses. Best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system with our lifetime support on all systems.
Peace of mind is an important facet of living self sufficiently or off grid. The Victron hardware is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty. The Pylontech Lithium battery system features an outstanding 10 year warranty, and is constructed of the safest and best performing lithium battery technology Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (otherwise known as LiFePo4 or LFP), well proven in the market and under Australian conditions.
Pylontech Lithium batteries.
Welcome to the future of a fully modular, expandable, off-grid & energy storage battery bank. Grow your battery bank as your needs demand, and also benefit from the following improvements:
- More usable energy up to 95% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles 6000 or more cycles, depending on depth of discharge
- Better constant high current Charge / Discharge performance a 10kWh bank can handle a 10kW load, and a surge of 20kW
- Greater charge efficiency up to 97% ! this means far less energy wasted during charging and more power available to you in less time
- More energy stored in less space
- Internal intelligent management means each battery module can operate to its potential, rather than performing only as well as the weakest battery
Based on the rated performance and upfront cost, the Pylontech lithium batteries deliver an exceptional cost of ownership of approximately 15 cents per kWh. This compares favorably with the typical & rising cost of mains energy of around 28 cents per kWh.
System Package Includes:
- 3.7kW of solar using 370W JA Premium Mono Panels x 10
- Victron MultiPlus II 48V 5kVA Inverter Charger
- Victron SmartSolar 250/70A MPPT Solar Charge controller
- Victron Cerbo GX system monitor with online access
- 7.1kWh Battery Bank Pylontech 48v Lithium 3.55kWh modules x 2 with cabinet to suit
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – made up with lugs to suit
- Solar Cable to suit – fitted with MC4 connectors for easy installation
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options are available)
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
- Connection guide
- Optional Pre-wired board – these are built in house they take the difficulty and expense out of having your kit installed, your system will arrive wired onto a board and programmed according to the solar and batteries you’ve purchased – $980
- Lifetime Support and System Monitoring
- Finance from $227 per month over 7 years. Conditions apply.
Victron Remote Management Portal (VRM)
Victron’s remote management portal is second to none, included with the Cerbo GX devices this allows the user to monitor the system remotely from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, check on battery percentage, solar production, house loads, and even start your generator remotely. You can see an example of the monitoring system here (Click on Free Demo – no login required, select Vic Jones for an off grid example):Click HERE
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Additional batteries, using the Pylontech lithium additional batteries can be added to the system at any time to increase storage capacity
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power set in single phase or three phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank
- Generator backup – recommended in general for Off-Grid living. The inverter can both charge the batteries and power the house loads using generator power.
For a long time JA have been one of the biggest names in the solar industry, their panels have truly passed the test of time and offer some of the highest efficiency panels on the market. 390W A Grade CEC Approved Solar Panels Teir 1 24V By JA Solar.
these Modules have a 15 year product warranty and 25 year output warranty (far exceeding the industry standard of 10 years product warranty)
Using as an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered electric generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads intuitively. The system can also start & stop the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire start some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter supplements power using the Grid AC power supply automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. This can be more feasible than the low grid feed-in tariff typically on offer. Victron’s Battery Safe feature retains a set amount of charge in the battery bank, utilising the mains to keep the battery operating in the optimal range. A generator can be used in place of grid power for charging the batteries and running loads in the event of a few cloudy days or some heavy power usage.
Finance available for purchases over $5,000
We can offer Subsidized freight with insurance to have the kits delivered on site or to a nearby freight depot. Installation solutions available in most areas. PRE wired board options also available- contact us for more info.
Off Grid Solar Systems Shipping Australia Wide
- JA Solar panels feature a 15 year product warranty & 25 year linear power output warranty
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- The Pylontech Lithium batteries features a 10 year warranty
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
For details on our battery warranties please see our Battery Warranties page.
For more information see manufactures warranty statements, found on each brands website.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will either carry out or arrange the repair for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer. Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
Registered Responsible supplier with ERAC & Alternative Technology Association of Australia.