This is the ultimate listing for those looking to get maximum power for your buck perfect for powering your Weekender. Powered with the ever reliable Victron gear and Commodore lead carbon batteries which offer a large amount of power in the short to medium term. Lead carbon is a great option for weekenders as the batteries aren’t getting discharged as often, for example with lead carbon you get about 2000 discharge cycles compared to lithium at least 6000 cycles. If you’ve got a weekender that you’re only discharging the batteries 150 times per year you’re going to get 10 years out of your batteries which is really good value given the price difference with lead carbon. Lead carbon is also a great option even when the batteries are been discharged every day, customers do this when they want a lot of useable power but don’t have the budget to go with a lithium bank, with lead carbon you can minimise the up front cost and a few years down the track can upgrade their battery bank with lithium when budget allows.
Here at Commodore we specialise in off grid what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own house and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. You will not get a better price on an off grid system full stop. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia we offer you the best price the first time.
These stand alone / off grid renewable energy packages use the tried & proven Victron Inverters & SmartSolar MPPT Solar charge controller, with 270w A Grade CEC approved bush fire rated solar panels.
Coupled with the latest in Commodore DC-C series lead-carbon batteries use functional activated carbon and graphene as carbon materials, which are added to the negative plate of the battery to make lead carbon batteries have the advantages of both lead-acid batteries and super capacitors. It not only improves the ability of rapid charge and discharge, but also greatly prolongs the battery life, more than 2000 cycles at 80%DOD. It is more suitable for the application of PSOC (Partial state of charge). This a fantastic option for weekenders where the batteries are only been discharged 150 days a year equating to around 13 years of battery life when discharged correctly (not draining more than 80% of the battery)
- More usable energy – 80% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles – up to 2000 cycles to 80% depth of discharge
- Better high current Charge / Discharge performance
- Greater charge efficiency – less energy wasted during charging means more power available to you in less time
- 270w A grade CEC approved Mono/ Poly-crystalline Solar Panels ( Select Quantity from menu above)
- Choice of 24v Victron Inverter – 3kVA or 5kVA MultiPlus ( select size from the drop down menu)
- Victron SmartSolar 100A MPPT Solar Charge controller
- Victron Colour Control GX system monitor & BMV-702 Battery monitor
- 12x 2v Commodore Lead Acid Deep Cycle Batteries (24v bank) ( select size from the drop down menu)
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – made up with lugs to suit
- Solar Cable to suit – fitted with MC4 connectors for easy installation
- Spare Solar Cable extensions – should you need to extend any cabling between the PV strings
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options are available)
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
- Connection guide
- Optional Pre-wired board – these are built in house they take the difficulty and expense out of having your kit installed, your system will arrive wired onto a board and programmed according to the solar and batteries you’ve purchased.
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power – set in single phase or three phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank
- Generator backup – recommended in general for Off-Grid living. The inverter can both charge the batteries and power the house loads using generator power.
Solar array – depending on location, the annual daily average in Australia is 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day (where a 1kW array would give between 4 – 5kWh per day if demanded) with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power. Average daily input figures:
12x 270w = 14.5kWh per day | 18x 270w = 21.8kWh per day | 24x 270w = 29.1kWh per day | 30x 270w = 36.5kWh per day | 40x 270w = 48.6kWh
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Colour Control GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet – view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Colour Control GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered electric generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads intuitively. The system can also start & stop the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire start – some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter supplements power using the Grid AC power supply automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. This can be more feasible than the low grid feed-in tariff typically on offer. Victron’s Battery Safe feature retains a set amount of charge in the battery bank, utilising the mains to keep the battery operating in the optimal range. A generator can be used in place of grid power for charging the batteries and running loads in the event of a few cloudy days or some heavy power usage.
Finance available for purchases over $5,000
** If you wish to make a grid connected solar power system with or without grid feeding / export of solar power, we can change to the Victron ‘MultiGrid’ inverter chargers which are designed for this purpose. This would add approx $850 to the system price. The MultiPlus inverter included with this listing is not approved for mains connection of grid feeding / export of solar power.. Please contact us if you wish to change the system in any way, we are trained to design systems according to customer requirements.
We can offer Subsidized freight with insurance to have the kits delivered on site or to a nearby freight depot. Installation solutions available in most areas. PRE wired board options also available- contact us for more info.
Off Grid Solar Systems … Shipping Australia Wide
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance with electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
- Trina Solar panels feature a 10 year product warranty & 25 year linear power output warranty
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- Commodore Carbon batteries feature a 3 year replacement warranty, backed by a leading Australian battery importer 25+ years strong
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
For details on our battery warranties please click here.
For more information see manufactures warranty statements, found on each brands website.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will either carry out or arrange the repair for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer. Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
Registered Responsible supplier with ERAC & Alternative Technology Association of Australia.
|Dimensions||165 × 113 × 100 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.