Off Grid | 3 Phase 9kVa Victron | Japanese Battery Bank
We’re excited to offer these selected ‘Managers Choice’ Off Grid Solar Power Systems – combining the Best Brands – Victron Energy (Netherlands) – Furukawa Lead Carbon Batteries (Japan) and CEC approved A Grade 270W solar panels.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own house and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. You will not get a better price on an off grid system full stop. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia we offer you the best price the first time.
These stand alone / off grid renewable energy packages use the tried & proven Victron MultiPlus Inverter Chargers to produce a 9kVa 3Phase inverter system & SmartSolar MPPT Solar charge controller, with 270-280w A Grade CEC approved bush fire rated solar panels.
The 3Phase system can supply a total of 9kVa 3Phase power at 415V V or single phase 230V ( 3kVa per single phase)
Coupled with the latest in sealed deep-cycle battery technology – Lead Carbon batteries (technology invented in Australia by the CSIRO and developed with Furukawa Japan), these systems represent the best modern developments with excellent performance and value for money. These top brands are also internationally recognised for their leading performance, reliability and developments in their fields.
Peace of mind is an important facet when living off grid. All the Victron hardware is covered by an outstanding 5 year replacement or repair warranty, the Furukawa Lead Carbon batteries have a 5 year full replacement warranty & Trina solar panels are covered by a 10 year workmanship warranty and 25 year power output guarantee.
So why Lead Carbon?
They’re an Australian invention and we reckon that’s great! More technically though – even the best of deep cycle lead-acid battery types such as tubular GEL / OPzV will age and deteriorate more due to operating in what’s known as a ‘partial state of charge’ or PSoC for short. In other words, when the batteries aren’t fully recharged before being used again (or before sundown for solar systems) most of the aging process happens – a bit like the wear caused to a petrol or diesel engine before it’s reached the ideal running temperature.
Lead Carbon batteries however perform remarkably well in this partial state of charge range. Essentially, they are the combination of Super-Capacitor or Ultra-Capacitor (nano carbon technology) with a lead acid battery. They also boast the following improvements:
- More usable energy – 70% can be used without adversely compromising battery life
- More Charge / Recharge cycles – up to 4,200 cycles to 70% depth of discharge
- Better high current Charge / Discharge performance
- Greater charge efficiency – less energy wasted during charging means more power available to you in less time
Off Grid Solar Systems … Shipping Australia Wide
- 18x 270-280w Trina / BYD A grade CEC approved Poly-crystalline Solar Panels ( 5kW solar)
- Victron 3PHASE 9kVA MultiPlus Pure Sine Wave Inverter Charger System 48v with 105A AC Charger
- 1x Victron SmartSolar 100A MPPT Solar Charge controllers
- Victron Colour Control GX system monitor & BMV-702 Battery monitor
- 24x 2v Furukawa Lead-Carbon Deep Cycle Batteries (48v bank) (720Ah = 34.5kWh total storage or 24.2kWhto 70% capacity )
- DC Fuse Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breakers & Housings
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 50mm2 – made up with lugs to suit
- Solar Cable to suit – fitted with MC4 connectors for easy installation
- Spare Solar Cable extensions – should you need to extend any cabling between the PV strings
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile roof & Tilt frame options are available)
- Solar Safety Label Sticker Kit
- Connection guide
- Pre wired and pre configured board- see photos for examples, this makes onsite installation much simpler and faster
- We pre-configure and test all of our systems to ensure a smooth installation with preset battery low levels, charge rates etc, and offer exceptional after sales support for our kits, with remote monitoring available with most systems.
The system can be expanded at any time in the following ways:
- Up to 6x Inverter Chargers for up to 30kVA rated output power – set in single phase or three phase
- Within sensibility, basically an unlimited amount of solar power can be installed, adding more MPPT controllers as required & setting charge limits appropriate for the battery bank
- Generator backup – recommended in general for Off-Grid living. The inverter can both charge the batteries and power the house loads using generator power.
Solar array – depending on location, the annual daily average in Australia is 4 to 5 hours equivalent of full power from the array per day (where a 1kW array would give between 4 – 5kWh per day if demanded) with more in summer and less in winter. A large solar PV array design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides you with far more reliable power. Average daily input figures:
Battery Reserve Capacities – without sunshine – to 70% depth of discharge (DoD):
34.5kWh bank, to 70% DoD:
- 18.4kWh in 24hrs, OR
- 10kWh per day for 2 days, OR
- 8kWh per day for 3 days, OR
- 6kWh per day for 4 days
Detailed system information such as solar power, usage history & battery status is displayed on the intuitive Colour Control GX panel. When connected to your home network all this live information can be viewed on your smart phone or a PC, and if you have the internet – view your system from anywhere in the world using Victron’s free Remote Management portal (called the VRM portal). See the Colour Control GX brochure on the downloads tab for more information.
Create an Off Grid power system. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter can make use of a petrol or diesel powered electric generator to recharge the batteries & run the household loads intuitively. The system can also start & stop the generator automatically providing the generator is compatible with two wire start – some ATS systems are also compatible with two wire start.
Create a Grid-Hybrid system, where your Solar energy is used & stored as first priority**. Power will be supplied primarily from the solar panels & battery bank. If there is insufficient power, the inverter supplements power using the Grid AC power supply automatically. This design principle uses your solar & stored energy first before using the mains grid power. This can be more feasible than the low grid feed-in tariff typically on offer. Victron’s Battery Safe feature retains a set amount of charge in the battery bank, utilising the mains to keep the battery operating in the optimal range. A generator can be used in place of grid power for charging the batteries and running loads in the event of a few cloudy days or some heavy power usage.
** If you wish to make a grid connected solar power system with or without grid feeding / export of solar power, we can change to the Victron ‘MultiPlus-II’ inverter chargers which are designed for this purpose. Please contact us if you wish to change the system in any way or to check if it’s suitable for your needs, we are trained to design systems according to customer requirements.
We can offer Subsidised freight with insurance to have the kits delivered on site or to a nearby freight depot. Installation solutions available in most areas. PRE wired board options also available- contact us for more info.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance with electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
- Trina Solar panels feature a 10 year product warranty & 25 year linear power output warranty
- All Victron components have a 5 year full warranty
- Furukawa Lead Carbon batteries feature a 5 year replacement warranty, backed by a leading Australian battery importer 25+ years strong
- All other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty
For more information see manufactures warranty statements, found on each brands website.
You are welcome to send any faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will either carry out or arrange the repair for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer. Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
Registered Responsible supplier with ERAC & Alternative Technology Association of Australia.
|Dimensions||165 × 113 × 100 cm|
Furukawa Lead Carbon Batteries have a 5 year full replacement warranty.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.