We’ve put together this system for those who have a budget but still want to get a good quality reliable system powered with a quality Aeson 48v 5kWh lithium battery with its own built BMS. This system is ideal for those that want to power a small home or shed giving you the basic essentials such as LED lights, TV, charging phones/laptops, kettle, microwave and even a small air conditioner with moderate usage. Powered with Victron Energy components this means you will get excellent reliability which is a must when you’re going off the grid.
Here at Commodore we specialize in off grid what that means is that when you purchase a system from us you can have confidence that it will do exactly what you want it to do, that it is going to be supremely reliable as we would only sell what we would install in our own house and best of all we are here to help you every step of the way after you’ve purchased your system. You will not get a better price on an off grid system full stop. We are one of the biggest off grid distributors in Australia we offer you the best price the first time.
This stand alone renewable energy package uses the tried & proven Victron 3KVA MultiPlus Inverter Charger system, coupled with 6x 330w Tier 1 A Grade bushfire rated solar panels & a 5kWh lithium battery.
Estimate your system requirements using our off-grid calculator.
Lithium and AGM comparison
- The sealed 12V Lithium Batteries have an exceptional cycle life of around 4000 cycles to 80% discharge,
- Batteries could last around 16 years if they’re not discharged to more than 80% every three days at worst & kept insulated from temperature extremes.
- The batteries in this system have over 5 times the amount of discharge cycles at 80% depth of discharge for lithium and 50% for AGM
- 6x 330w A grade Solar Panels (1.98kW)
- Victron MultiPlus 3KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter 48v with 35A AC Charger
- Victron 150/35 MPPT Solar charge controller
- Victron Smart Shunt Battery monitor
- Victron Cerbo GX with touch screen and online access
- 5kWh Aeson Lithium Battery (usable capacity 4.2kWh)
- DC Disconnect / Battery Breaker & Fuses to suit
- DC Solar PV breaker
- 5 Metres of Battery Cabling 35mm2 with lugs fitted (gives 2.5m distance from batteries to inverter)
- 20 Metres of Solar Cable fitted with solar connectors one end
- Battery series link cables
- Solar Panel racking to suit Tin roof (Tile & Tilt upgrades available)
- Safety Sticker Kit
- Pre-wired and configured system board this makes a faster and simpler install onsite $980
- Upgrade to 5KVA Victron Inverter, handle more appliances $985
- Battery Cabinet – this ensures the batteries are adequately enclosed and allows for additional batteries up to 4 -add $850
On average, there will be 10kW-hours of power available from the solar array per day based on 5hrs of effective sunshine per day. More sunshine = more power. This solar PV design principle reduces the amount of time the batteries will be low on charge, which maximises their life expectancy & provides far more reliable power.
When there is no sunshine or badly overcast weather, the battery reserve capacity will give the following power from full charge down to 80%:
- 4,2kW-hours for one day, or
- 2.1kW-hours per day for two days, or
- 1.05kW-hours per day for three days
The solar array can then recharge the battery bank from 50% in around 6 hours of effective sunshine, depending on any loads running on the system at the same time. A generator can be used to recharge the battery bank and run loads through the inverter at the same time too.
RESYS TL-LFP series is a 48V LiFePO4 (lithium iron phosphate) battery module. With the advanced LiFePO4 cell technology and smart BMS, the product have the benefit of long cycle life, small size, light weight, high safety, environmental protection and strong environmental adaptability.
- 4000 discharge cycles to 80% DOD
- 5000 discharge cycles to 70% DOD
- 6000 discharge cycles to 60% DOD
Features & Benfits
• 5kWh module = 4kWh usable
• High energy density
• Light weight, ergonomic
• Delivers up to 3X the energy density of conventional lead acid batteries
• Long cycle life
Finance available for purchases over $5,000
Please note this listing does not include installation. Installations exceeding 500VA should be done by a qualified electrician, in accordance to electrical safety requirements of your state or territory.
Solar panels feature a 25 year pro-rata year warranty, inverter/ charge controller a 5 year full warranty, and all other items come with a minimum 12 month warranty. For more information see manufactures warranty, found on each brand website.
Aeson 48v 5kWh modules come with a 5 year warranty, and all Victron equipment has a 5 year warranty
For details on our battery warranties please click here.
You are welcome to send the faulty goods back and our factory trained staff will carry out the repair for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.
Registered Responsible supplier with ERAC, Alternative Technology Association of Australia