This generator is perfectly suited for backup & temporary power on a medium scale
NEW UPDATED 2021 MODEL, now standard with advanced digital controller for 2 wire auto start. Ideal for off grid usage. Most models of this capacity have a very basic 2 wire start method which is unreliable and can cause issues to the engine down the track, we have re designed this unit to use an advanced digital controller that takes into account, oil pressure, temperature, fuel capacity, battery voltage and has a logical processor for reliably starting and stopping the generator without damage to any internal components.
This diesel powered generator is well suited for battery charging and backup for small to medium off grid power systems – during poor weather or in times of higher energy demands.
- Electric start with heavy duty starter motor
- 2x Single phase 240V covered outlets
- Combined LCD Volt meter / Frequency meter/ Running time counter
- High quality bearings throughout
- Balance shaft inside the engine to reduce vibration
- Secondary Flywheel alternator for charging the starter battery
- Alternator made with quality 100% copper windings
- Circuit breaker on control panel
A 10W solar panel is supplied to keep your generator starter battery topped up, so it is ready to rock ‘n’ roll whenever you need it. This comes pre-wired with a 4m cable and alligator clips.
This generator is rated to deliver a maximum AC output of 5.7kVA (@ 0.8PF) and 5.2kVA rated continuous output.
An Automatic Transfer Switch (otherwise called an ATS) is also available for automated mains power failure backup.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW WHEN BUYING A DIESEL GENERATOR
– When you’re comparing standard generators online which do NOT have 2 wire auto start, this means they are of limited use to off grid systems. This model has 2 wire auto start which is ideally suited for automated backup for off grid solar power systems.
– A large majority of portable generators are not set up for off grid use as they don’t have two wire auto start, which means your power system cannot start the generator automatically when extra power is required. For some generators it is not straight forward to add a two wire start afterwards, and there may be concerns for warranty after any modifications.
– We design our generators for a purpose, not for a price. We want you to be absolutely satisfied with your generator in years to come, rather than kicking yourself for not spending a little more for quality hardware which is designed for the purpose.
- Commodore 5.7kVA Diesel Generator – Single Phase
- 10W Solar panel with 4 metres of cable and alligator clips
|Generator Set||Frequency (HZ): 50HZ|
|Rated continuous output (KW): 5.2|
|Max output (kVA PF 0.8): 5.7|
|Rated AC Voltage (V): 240V|
|Power Factor: Single Phase-1.0|
|DC output: 12V/8.3A|
|Phase: Single Phase|
|Alternator Type: Self-excited,2-pole brush AVR|
|Starting System: Electric|
|Noise Level (Dba/7m): 70Dba|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L): 14L|
|Continues Running Time (hr): 7hr|
|Engine||Engine Model: 188FVE|
|Engine Type: single-cylinder, vertical,4-stroke air-cooled diesel engine|
|Max output of engine: 8.6KVA/3600rpm|
|Bore Stroke (mm): 88*78|
|Displacement Capacity(cc): 474cc|
|Fuel Consumption rate(L/H): 2.1|
|Fuel: 0# or -10# light diesel oil|
|Lubrication Oil Volume (L): 1.65L|
|Combustion System: Direct Injection|
|AC Output Socket: 2|
|AC Circuit Breaker: Yes|
|Oil warning Light: Yes|
|Oil Alert: Yes|
|30AH battery: Yes|
|DC circuit breaker: Yes|
– Either 10W-30 or 15W 40 diesel oil
Commodore products come with a 12 Months parts warranty (or a maximum of 500 hours), if your item is to be found defective within the warranty period we will replace that part free of charge.
If for some reason you are unable to fit the part you are welcome to send it back and our factory trained staff will replace the part for you free of charge within the warranty period. Shipping is cost of buyer. Warranty is limited to 3 months if generator is used in commercial applications, or continuous use situations, and void if unit has been modified. (parts and repairs are guaranteed for 3 months from date of work)
It is buyers responsibility to ensure generators are not housed outside in direct weather conditions, keep away from moisture. Like all combustion engines they require servicing, see manual, failure to service may result in warranty voided.
Consumables, cables, leads, etc.. are not covered by warranty, negligence or misuse is a warranty exclusion. Commodore is not responsible for any direct or indirect expenses or losses related to warranty or non warranty.